Tuesday, September 12, 2006

And counting....

Where I'm going: Mozambique

In a few short days, no longer able to count it in weeks, I'll be in Mozambique. On the 23rd of this month I leave Reno for training in Philadelphia, and on the 28th of this month I arrive in the capital city of Mozambique, Maputo. Below are some pictures of what I can possible expect, much as I'm trying to keep my expectations to a minimum.

Photos, in order
1. Maputo, Mozambique, built up by Portuguese conquerors, who occupied the country for 500 years.
2. Where I'll take vacations (or perhaps I'll be lucky enough to live by one of these):
3. This photo is called African Moonrise, but I think perhaps it is the sun behind there:
4. The questionable state of what I'll get around on.
5. And, what, perhaps, my living accomodations will look like.
6. And, finally, here's hoping that I see many beautiful ones of these.











1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison, Mozambique looks beautiful. You sound like you have the right attitude to adapt to the challenges you will face. Just volunteering to switch with your other Peace Corp volunteer shows the right stuff. I just hope you didn't step in a little pile of poo by doing it. The pictures add a lot to the mental view of things. We'll e-mail you. Grandma read the enire blog just now. I will write in a minute- Love Uncle David, Grandma, and Grandpop.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home