Saturday, September 23, 2006

Upon Departure

Today I leave for what the Peace Corps calls "staging," a three-day event in Philadelphia that will consist of meeting the other volunteers who are going to Mozambique (yay ice-breakers!), getting some shots, and getting some last minute safety and cultural information. On Tuesay evening I fly to Africa, and I arrive in the capital of Mozambique on Thursday afternoon, where I go to a retreat and then begin ten weeks of language, techinical, cultural, and safety training. If I survive that, I'm then sworn in as an official Peace Corps Volunteer (PCV from now on), and I move to a site to teach English for two years.

I'm excited and nervous--nervous when I have the queasy feeling, excited when I don't. I'm posting a bit about Mozambique in a bit, when things aren't so hectic.

Bem-vindo, as they say in Portuguese.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali,

You say you'll be "getting some shots"; I hope that includes a few hard drinks!

I miss you!
Meg

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home