Monday, November 27, 2006

Placed

Two words: Angoche, Nampula. Two more: beach site. Woot.

Anyway, something you all can do for me, since I have zero time and even less money, is use your superfast internet to research my site for me and email me what you find. Obrigads! (portuguese for "thanks!").

The next two weeks will be pretty busy, and on December 9th I fly to Nampula. Basically, what I have to do now is learn the local language (some variant of Swahili) in case they don't speak Portuguese there (fairly likely), try to buy stuff for my house, and try to figure out how to get my stuff up there.

That's it. Hope the holiday season is going well back home.

Tchau,

Alison

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hillo lovely,

nice work on the placement.

as u may know, zach got posted in your same region. a bit to the north and also on the beach. im wildly envious of you both.

how is the language learning coming? do u feel like youre making progress?

one day ill email u back again. life has been a lot crazy here lately. too much coming and going; cant settle in to any kind of routine.

ok, im off to sample what berlin has to offer in the way of burritos. here goes nothing.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I don't know if you are getting emails sooo I'm going to write one here!
Did you get my email about the first official Paper-Rock-Scissor championship? Well, you better keep up the good work because in two years...I'm entering you!! (I, of course, will take 10% of the winnings--this is a binding contract).
Do you realize that in just 3 small years it will be our 10 year high school reunion!! My god we are OLD...
Last I got two jokes to make you smile:

Why did the bee go to the doctor??

He had hives!

Why are pirates sooo mean??

I don't know, they just ARRRrrrr!

Hope things are well and you are staying positive...we all miss you!!

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...that was from Elizabeth Alves!

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home