Thursday, September 06, 2007

Unexpectedly, The End

About a week and a half ago, I was sent home from Mozambique for medical reasons. Without giving any details, I want everyone reading this to know that I'll be fine, I was just medically unfit to stay in Mozambique. You'd be surprised what can get you kicked out, but when it comes to your health, you do the only thing you can. I will not be able to return to Mozambique with the Peace Corps, so for now, it's the end.

The transition home has been many things: painful, sad, fast, bewildering, overwhelming, relieving...you name it, I've felt it over the past few weeks. Right now, I am looking forward, and forward increasing looks east. Maybe not as far east as Africa, although I do hope to go back someday relatively soon, but maybe Boston, New York, or Washington DC. That's where the jobs are for me, and that's where my future is.

I keep doing funny things, like putting my shoes on to walk around the house, because that's what we did in Mozambique. Maybe it sounds stupid or silly, but I miss Mozambique all the time when I realize I'm doing things that have become habit over the past year--habits that don't make sense in life over here. I"m sure I'll slip out of them eventually, and back into taking for granted hot showers, air conditioning, good food, and driving!, but for now I'm savoring the weirdness of it all, and hoping not to forget.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kolkata’s one of the best web design company, AceSoftech offers web site design, web development and search Engine Optimization at affordable prices. The Ma Kolkata web design company has designed and developed websites from around the world. Acesoftech is known among clients for its quality and professional services. Our low prices and timely completion of the project has made is popular.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home